Saturday, March 9, 2013

Beauty

As I've gotten older, my definition of beauty has changed. I did gymnastics as a kid, and was always somewhat muscular. It used to make me really self conscious because, even though I'm a petite person, it made me feel "big." Especially as I went through high school, and I lost basically any definition I might have had while (obviously) simultaneously experiencing an increase in body fat, which is NORMAL for that time in a girl's life. However, as I've mentioned before in another post, my initial goals related to working out and trying to eat better had everything to do with being skinny and not so much with being healthy. Now, as I again strive to change the way I work out and eat, I have very different goals. I still want to look and feel good, but my vision of what that looks like is completely different. I think the ladies below (Camille Leblanc-Bazinet, Christmas Abbott and Jamie Eason) are fit, strong and beautiful. Being able to lift heavy is beautiful. And I think the more I focus on CrossFit and setting goals with my lifts, rather than worrying about appearances, the stronger I'll get. The body composition changes will take care of themselves.





No comments:

Post a Comment