I've always thought that "Green Thumb" is sort of a gross phrase. I think it's the word "thumb." Just kind of grosses me out. Say it again. You'll see what I mean. But regardless, I guess I'm working on mine because a few weeks ago I tried my hand at planting a few herbs. It's not much, but I am seriously so excited about them! I thought about just buying the plants themselves from the grocery store, but I decided this would be more fun/rewarding. And hopefully it will be good practice for the real garden I'd like to start this spring in our back yard.
In all, I planted 6 herbs: cilantro, oregano and parsley are in one planter. Rosemary, basil and thyme went into another planter. We're still getting random surprises of like 6 inches of snow at a time here in good old Kansas City, so for now they're just happily growing near a window in our kitchen. Well, except for the rosemary and oregano. Those are the only two who've decided to skip the party. Of course one of them (Rosemary) is the one I wanted the most! Such bitch, that Rosemary. But in general, it has been really fun to watch them pop up and continue to grow! Here's to hoping that I don't end up accidentally murdering them all!

No comments:
Post a Comment