Wednesday, April 3, 2013

21 DSD day 3

I made it through day three. I have definitely felt a huge dip in energy as well as the symptoms of withdrawal, namely a headache. Though the headache is significantly less than I expected it to be. At first, I almost didn't quite put two and two together that this fatigue is related to the lack of sugar. Really it's more of like a drained feeling, which I thought was the result of  mental fatigue due to increased responsibilities (and the heightened stress level that goes with it) that I've been experiencing lately during my current clinical rotation. I was so tired, I completely crashed when I got home from what my husband likes to call "free work."

To help try to curb some cravings and maybe get back a bit of energy, I am currently making Cinnamon Coconut "Cookies," a recipe from the detox program. They aren't so much "cookies" as they are not-sweet-discs-of-food-that-happen-to-look-like-cookies. But at least I know, and can easily pronounce, all the ingredients, none of which are sugar.

Breakfast: Sauteed mustard greens with garlic and almonds and appx 6-8 oz of chicken breast

Lunch: Salad with appx 1.5 cups of greens, asparagus, broccoli, slivered almonds, wild smoked salmon and balsamic vinegar + olive oil dressing

Snack/Early Dinner: Salmon salad (think tuna salad), but with guac instead of mayo + slivered almonds and 1 cup (cooked) of sauteed greens.

Currently: Coffee and waiting on my "cookies"

No comments:

Post a Comment