Ha, so I failed yesterday. Big time. I had pizza. Granted it was gluten free crust, dairy free cheese and thin crust at that. Again, could have been worse, but dang it!! This is really hard!
Breakfast:
Oxygen recipe for a sort of breakfast mug cake, but there wasn't any added sugars. The only sweetness in it would come from coconut oil and vanilla extract, which seems to be ok since the program has similar recipes in it in terms of sweet-ish ingredients that aren't actually sugary. I really like this breakfast, so when I make it again, I'll try to remember to get a picture!
Lunch:
The usual salad, this time with avocado and smoked salmon.
Snack:
Pistachios
Dinner:
That damn pizza!!
In going over the day again, I've realized I may be more of an emotional eater than I thought. I already know that I tend to eat out of boredom or anxiety, but I never noticed if I eat or use food as a coping mechanism when I'm experiencing other emotions such as happiness, sadness or anger. Yesterday was sort of a rough day. I was just kind of sad and couldn't really explain it, but I think that drove my decision to say "screw it," and go for the pizza last night. I'm not sure if that was really what happened, or if the sugar detox itself just got really hard, but it will be something to pay attention to in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment